Cooking in parchment paper might seem like a fancy French technique reserved for ambitious dinner parties. And while opening individual parcels to release fragrant steam does create some delicious dinner party drama, it couldn't be easier to cook (or clean up!) using this classic method. Best yet, it's healthy too, since when you cook with steam, you don't need to add extra fat to keep ingredients from sticking to a pan. Try a recipe tonight, then toss the paper for near-effortless cleanup.
Add Chicken to Healthy Main Dish Salads
A little leftover chicken can transform simple salads into satisfying, healthy meals. Next time you make chicken, grill or roast extra for these 10 tasty main dish salads.
NO SUGAR ADDED COOKIES
3/4 cup butter
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream the butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Add the bananas and mix well. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats and the chopped nuts. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets. Drop chilled teaspoon-sized rounds of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
HEALTHY ORANGE CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cleaned + cut into 1 inch cubes)
4 cups broccoli (steamed, or green beans)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 1/2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup coconut aminos
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger (or fresh)
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon pepper
I really don’t play favorites with my recipes.. or at least I try not to.. but whenever someone asks me what my favorite recipe from my site it, I always say it’s this Healthy Orange Chicken Recipe (with these Healthy Chicken Tenders coming in at a close second!). Made with minimal ingredients, full of flavor, and easy to make – this dish is one I always turn to! Orange Chicken is one of my favorite things to order when we get takeout. But as I’m sure most of you know.. Chinese food is definitely not the healthiest dinner option (Hello MSG overload!) Years ago when I first started eating healthy was on a mission to try to make all my favorite foods healthy, and orange chicken was one of the first things to get a makeover! I’ll admit, there were (and still are) many concoctions that I try that come out a total mess. Muffins that are flatter than pancakes… Breads that never rise.. But THIS lighter orange chicken recipe recipe is one where all the healthy substitutions turned into something SUPER delicious! This was one of those recipes that as I was making it I was a little skeptical.. Would the flavor be right? Would the sauce be thick enough or would I just be eating chicken coated in a weird orange juice mixture?? So many questions. Thankfully the flavor was so on point and the sauce was perfectly thick. It had the same consistency of the amazing sauce you get at a restaurant! On top of being super delicious + beyond easy to make, this recipe is so versatile. Here are different ways to serve this Healthy Orange Chicken.
1. Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal FruitHere's a delicious main dish salad that’s easy to make and a healthy choice any time of year. In summer, enjoy it with fresh berries. In winter, try slices of orange or grapefruit or even dried fruit. Add leftover grilled chicken and top with toasted nuts.
2. Chicken Fiesta Salad"This is an attractive and zesty all-in-one dish," says ANGL8277. "It's full of veggies and chicken, and loaded with flavor. A quick fix for a long day."
3. Farro Salad with Asparagus and Parmesan"A light and delicious way to get your whole grains," says Duncan. Top it off with baked or grilled chicken, and it's a complete, super-healthy meal.
4. BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad"This healthy salad was adapted from one I ate at California Pizza Kitchen,' says Shanon. "The lime juice intensified by the jicama draws out the flavor of the vegetables, so an oil- or cream-based dressing is not necessary."
5. Chopped Power SaladSo much healthy stuff! This chopped salad combines cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and garlic with cilantro, parsley, pumpkin seeds, and golden raisins tossed in an olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing. Add extra chicken to create a healthy weeknight meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
6. Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad"This is low-carb, no-sweat, sizzling-hot grilled fajita salad on the table in less than 30 minutes," says Baking Nana. "Yes, it is possible! Garnish with lime wedges and finely chopped cilantro."
+1 (615) 259-6630
225 Polk Ave, Nashville, TN 37203, USA